Monday, August 08, 2005

Had my last rehearsal with the band I play with last night. It's real--we're leaving. Ack! I will miss playing with them so much. Got a chance to talk to Dr. Bear (trombone player) who hails from France. He said we'd like the Place D'Italie very much, but not to go into Chinatown at night. OK, fine with me. Also gave me restaurant and music store suggestions. I don't know if I'll remember it all!

Enjoyed a Wisconsin original at Irish Waters after rehearsal with everyone--a burger with a slab of cream cheese and sliced black olives. And I mean _slab_--this had to be at least 1/2 inch thick! Absolutely delicious. Will I miss it in France? Who knows...

Got a call that we have a storage unit today, and we've had the OK to have the dog in the Pd'I apartment, so things are moving along. Have been packing, hauling, and preparing for the yard sale. Amazing how much junk we have. Also had a flat tire yesterday (thanks again, Anne, for the transportation!) Busy working on this and finding a microchip that will work in France for the dog. Life is harder (in America) when you have no car. Jeff has it out at CG/CG, and doesn't get home until 5.30.

Final doctor's appointment today, and the buses don't go close (without riding for 3 hours) so I will have a long walk in the 90 degree heat. Yay. Dentist tomorrow. Lots to do, lots to do!

_________________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home