Friday, August 12, 2005

OK, panic is over. Yes, I have way too much stuff, and will be making a sizable donation to Goodwill this year. Lots to do now, going through all the items for the now cancelled yard sale and figuring out what to do with them, but it will get done. Dr. B has rented a pickup truck for me for the next two weeks, so I can begin hauling things to our newly rented storage unit, and Lucy has an appointment to get a microchip inserted and her health certificate filled out. We now need to sell our car. I get the pickup on Monday. Yay! I hope it's black or red. And has a CD player.

My bud Maggie is coming Saturday (my birthday!) with her beau G-love, for one last visit. We warned them that they would be wading through boxes and the place would definitely NOT be clean! B's parents are coming next week (and have been warned to bring grubbies, as they will be put to work) and Sis is coming next weekend to also help a bit. Funny--now that we're leaving the country, we get more guests in 2 weeks than we've had all year!

Now we need to find some big burly people to help move the heavy stuff. I love my kitchen table, but it weighs about 4,000 pounds. (I can't even shift it to vacuum under it.) We'll definitely need some help with that.

You may be missing the pictures--in all the mess, I can't find the cord that links my camera and laptop, so I haven't been able to download the ones from the reunion, or any new ones. So here's one of Lucy, doing what she has been doing a lot, laying around and wondering what's going on.

I have been fighting migraines again, and spent Saturday and Tuesday face-down in bed. I upped my nightly meds to my normal dose again (had been going on 1/2 doses for a few months), and that makes me sleep much more deeply. So on Wednesday, Lucy decided that I had been spending too much time in bed. That morning, at 9:24, she came in the bedroom, looked at me, and let out a loud *BARK!*. Time to get up! So I followed her, thinking maybe she was out of water, hadn't been fed, wanted to go outside... no. She just wanted to sleep in the living room instead of the bedroom, and wanted me in there, too. But by that time I was already awake, so it was pointless to try to sleep on the couch, and so I showered and started packing boxes while she happily slept under the coffee table. Brat. He who coined the phrase "dumb dog" never met Lucy.

Back to packing! We leave in 2 1/2 weeks!

_________________________________________________

1 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, August 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey bowling ball!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home