Tuesday, August 02, 2005

We're back! Lots of driving, lots of eating, and lots of good times with family, though it's hard to say goodbye. So we'll do as the french do and say "Au Revoir!" (Until we see you again!) Maybe in Paris? (hint hint!)

Lucy is pooped, but happy to be home. I was finishing a few things last night before bed, and came in to find her curled up next to Mr. B, right on the bed (where she's NOT supposed to sleep.) OK, curled up is a little bit of an exaggeration--a 60 lb. dog curls up in about a square meter. She did move when asked, and I enjoyed the wonderful feeling of my own bed once again. Today she is sleeping at my feet and having puppy dreams where she runs and barks at something. Very cute.

Now we are in the push to really go. I have so much to do, but the laundry from this weekend, the mess I left the house in, and the lack of anything fresh to eat are pressing on me more than the packing. (The apple I had for breakfast was weirdly elastic.) So it's off to the bus and to Woodman's for groceries, I guess. Fun, fun, fun. :)

_________________________________________________

4 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, August 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to hear about your upcoming trip. I will keep visiting your blogsite. Your weekend must have been warm. It doesn't get this warm in North Dakota often, hope you enjoyed it.

who am i?

An old friend from UND still teaching band in ND.

 
At 10:13 AM, August 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed you when you were in ND. Life gets hectic this time of year for us. School doesn't start for another few weeks but already we have rehearsals and sports practices several times a day. Glad you could come back and see all the beautiful ND scenery again though. We missed seeing you guys! Take care!
Williston Cuz

 
At 1:05 PM, August 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll Miss you!

 
At 12:49 PM, August 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still remember when she tried to push me off the bed. I think my ribs are still sore in that spot.

Who put up with your stinky Mounds-food farts, Lucy? Huh?

She's such a sweetie! I love her. Keep her safe in Paris!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home