Friday, October 07, 2005


Figs!

I had never tried them, fresh anyway. Never seen them in the stores in the US that I can recall.

But they were there, at our local Champion grocery store.

Staring at me.

Daring me. Try them! They're right here, right now!

So I did.

WOW.

Gorgeous, dusky purple skin, with a pale, pistachio green lining.
Lush, magenta flesh filled with strings attached to tiny seeds.
Slightly sour, slightly sweet, with a bit of a peppery kick. And the seeds crunch like a mouth full of rice krispies, without all the goopy rice crispy flavor.

I have eaten all of the ones I bought yesterday, and I think I'll go back for more.

Mmmm...figs.

_________________________________________________

1 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, October 07, 2005, Blogger Adam said...

try some Fig Rolls! I heard the Queen is partial to a few!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home