Friday, October 07, 2005


Truffaut

Happy girl! Why, you ask? Because I found Truffaut.

Maybe it's silly, but plants and scented candles really do make a house feel like a home. Or a teeny, Parisian studio apartment, that is.

A yummy "mélange de crème et buerre" candle is burning in our kitchen, and our balcony is now sporting 3 lovely "Marguerites d'Automne" in yellow, burgundy and russet. In other words, Truffaut had a sale on Mums, and I got three. (Only 1,50€ each!)

OK, maybe I am exaggerating. It's not really a balcony--more like a windowsill. But if I don't eat too many cookies, it is just wide enough for my derriere and I can pretend!

And Truffaut also carries animal products, including Lucy's food and her favorite rawhide bones (no peanut butter cookies, though.) And it's only a few metro stops away, on Quai de la Gare in the 13e arrondissement. Yay! I don't have to go back to BHV every time she needs food. (Imagine walking down the chic Rue de Rivoli, passing people wearing Chanel and Hermès, while carrying dog food. You feel oh, so elegant, let me tell you.)

Also went to the Blanqui market, early in the afternoon (a good time to go because the vendors will sell you lots of things very cheaply to get rid of them.) Figs, bien sur. Mmmm. And a gorgeous silk and cashmere pashmina in rust and blue and cream for me. Got a great deal, but I am not telling, because I think Sunday I'll go back and stock up for gifts.

I love France!!!

_________________________________________________

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, October 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your "balcony" and Mums. I am jealous, I just lost all my plants to a freeze~ 13 degrees F. That is cold for October, even in Williston ND! Still have snow on the ground, but it's supposed to melt today. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Your Cuz in Williston, ND

 

Post a Comment

<< Home