Thursday, November 17, 2005

Garanimals for the Matchically Challenged

So, Dr. B returned from Nice last night, and it is wonderful to have him back. We spent some time catching up on all that had happened in the 3 days he was gone, and then he went to check his email.

And catch up on my blog. He loved the "luckiest woman" post but was a bit offended by the "matchically challenged" comment. "Me?" he said. "Me? But I dress great!"

This morning, before leaving for work, he handed me a cup of coffee (so I couldn't fall asleep again--requested by me otherwise it's just too easy to roll over for another hour.) Since tonight we will be meeting at the Olympia in the 9th arrondissement for the Louise Attaque concert, he wanted me to appraise his outfit.

Blue plaid shirt
Black courderoy jacket
Black pinstripe pants
One Blue Converse all-star sneaker
One Lime Green Converse all-star sneaker
Olive green, black, tan and white scarf.


Yep, that's his idea of "matching".

So he says, "but you told me to wear this shirt with these pants. I wore this at the conference."

(Inner shudder of embarassment.)

And I said "no, actually I told you specifically NOT to wear the plaid shirt with the striped pants. I said several times, STRIPES WITH SOLIDS."

"Hmmpf."

Then he proceeded to give me a kiss goodbye, and go out the door.

He must have seen the desperate look on my puffy, sleepy face, and he turned around.

"Would it help if I wore two blue shoes?"

Yeah. It would.

I try people, I try.

OK, so who can help me with the Garanimals tag design?

_________________________________________________

12 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, November 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauging out loud first thing in the morning, thanks for the laugh. I can help you with the design!

 
At 8:48 AM, November 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LORD. Why would he or anyone wear two different shoes? Was he being serious? At least he's not a fashion whore - spending ALL your money on clothes. Can't there just be a happy medium??!! :)
~Steph~

 
At 8:59 AM, November 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny stuff, Mrs. B. Thanks for a laugh... at least it's not a pair of Wranglers, a grey t-shirt and work boots, that is my hubbies "uniform" for work everyday. Boy am I sick of t-shirts! Your Cuz in ND

 
At 11:46 AM, November 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, he could be color blind too! Oh, maybe he is! Sounds like it anyway. They just don't get it. Stripes and plaid. Sounds just like Jaison.

Love, your Fargo cousins
Jenn

 
At 11:48 AM, November 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bwa ha ha! I love the idea of two different shoes. It makes people wonder if you planned it or if you got out of bed and got dressed in the dark. Either your creative, or tired. Heee! ;0)
Miss ya!
D in the Windy City

 
At 11:48 AM, November 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and Jay always wishes that there were a Garanimals for adults! So, I guess great minds think alike!

 
At 1:24 PM, November 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man, do I hear you, sister. I didn't much care what my husband wore before we got married. Now that we're married, however, I feel like it makes me look bad if he dresses weird :) I keep telling him that wearing navy blue and black together really is a fashion no-no.
Cheers, Kat.

 
At 8:38 AM, November 18, 2005, Blogger ~steph~ said...

I must be new or something...what is garanimals??
~steph~

 
At 8:50 AM, November 18, 2005, Blogger Ronica said...

Garanimals are a type of kids clothes that have tags with various colored animals on them. You match the tags to match items of an outfit (pink tiger + pink tiger= not looking like an idiot). They were designed to help kids be more independent, and learn how to dress themselves. I remember them a lot from the '70's--you could buy them at our local Ben Franklin Store in Fargo, North Dakota. Haven't seen them much lately, but they have a website, so I guess they are still around. Website is http://www.garanimals.com/. I can't link in the comments.

No adult line, unfortunately.

 
At 8:58 AM, November 18, 2005, Blogger Ronica said...

Oh, and he often wears two different shoes, Converse bien sur. Used to wear them with Hawaiian shirts.

His fashion icon is Dr. Who.

Need I say more?

 
At 10:53 AM, November 18, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Just found your blog. It sounds like you're talking about my DH LOL. Basic dressing shouldn't be that hard guys. LOL

 
At 2:20 PM, November 19, 2005, Blogger Dr. JRSB said...

In my defense, I have a very acute knowledge of fashion and style and have made my own personal decision to "chuck it" in a very selective way. I remind all that I was not a business major, and we're not talking about GQ style for boys here. Have you actually seen how scentists dress en masse?? They are lucky to have me raising the fashion quota from its sordid state. At least I choose to look wonky in a predictable way! Two colors yes, because I have about nine pair in total, but that makes 36 different combinations of shoes! What I've found: math is cool, and you can be a shoe horse with less if you pick a single type of shoe. Oh, and the plaid was just another stripe with a 90° angle rotation to it, just added a bit more symmetry to the system. And why not work with a tri-colored matching system??? Really, you guys: limiting the potential of our youth to be artists and scientists by hounding on this matching thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home