Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Green Bean Casserole worth eating

At our Thanksgiving, friend Sarah made an awesome Green Bean Casserole from scratch (no cream of random items soup to be had in France). She followed this recipe, substituting crème fraiche (like sour cream) for the 1/2 and 1/2 (they don't have that here, either.)

It was amazing, and I passed it on to my sister. She and J (her boyfriend) raved about it and actually ended up making it twice that weekend because they loved it so much. (That being said, my sister has always loved green beans, and her favorite breakfast as a kid included leftover green beans on buttered toast. No kidding.)

So I thought I'd share, in case you are really on top of things and already planning Christmas dinner.

Bon Appétit!

_________________________________________________

4 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, November 29, 2005, Blogger Sarita said...

I have also made it again since Thanksgiving. We didn't have any cashews so I used pine nuts and it was really tasty. I am glad you liked it!

I have to say your meatballs were quite the hit with my in-laws. I recently forwarded the recipe to Sally and she wants to make them for Laurent soon - he loved them!

 
At 8:39 AM, November 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....the Green Bean casserole on toast! That is an adult meal! I know what I'm having for dinner tonight. Top that with a little Ben and Jerry's and that is heaven! Hey, do you have Ben and Jerry's in France?
Sorry, I can't send any...just thought I'd ask.

 
At 5:13 PM, November 30, 2005, Blogger Ronica said...

Yep, but you have to pronounce it all "frenchy".

It's not "chunky monkey"--it's "shoonkay mohnkay".

No lie.

You frenchify, or you won't get any. They just look at you like you sprouted a few extra heads and purse their lips.

 
At 8:45 AM, December 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I lived up to my word! What a fabulous meal of green bean casserole on toast, a cosmopolitan or three (hey, I was at home), and later Ben and Jerry's...polished that off. Tres delic! Or however the french would say it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home