Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Population Density

I think these figures are correct; at least they are close. This
will give my American readers an idea of the difference between here
and there. Incredible!

Paris (proper) area in square miles= 41

Fargo area in square miles= 37.9

Population Paris: 2,125,246.

Population Fargo: 90,599

51,835 people per square mile in Paris.

2,390 people per square mile in Fargo.

Kind of changes the perspective, doesn't it?

_________________________________________________

6 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Pat said...

Not sure if the population you quote here is for Paris proper. I believe it is more around 2 million for Paris proper. Take a look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris

 
At 5:43 AM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Ronica said...

Updated according to Wikipedia. Thanks.

 
At 11:23 AM, November 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is very charming, and reminds me of many many years ago when I first arrived in Paris... so much of what you say seems so funny, like the fact that the washing machines take SOOOO long... I've been here over 17 years and STILL can't get over that one.... You're bookmarked !

 
At 12:38 PM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Ronica said...

At the time it took 11 hours--I think that is Soooo long!!! I fixed it, though, and now it only takes 1 1/2, although I prefer the 12 minutes of the machine I used to have in WI.

Thanks for reading!

 
At 3:28 PM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

Hey, just hitting random blogs and liked yours. I am also a music educator, graduated from UND, but temporarily a stay at home mom living in Fargo. Funny we have similar backgrounds! Stay safe in Paris!

 
At 3:27 PM, November 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually bought a new washer a few months ago and am thrilled to have found a 48 minute cycle. The machine is completely electronic, and has something like 25 cycles, but #5 is all I use.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home