Friday, November 04, 2005

Repair

The french can be very annoying.

Like when they say they are going to show up for an appointment to fix something and they don't show up.

Our manivel has been broken for 3 weeks--that's the name for the iron curtain on the window with the broken handle, currently "fixed" with a wrench attached--à la my Dad (who "fixed" our heater at the lake by taking off the cover and sticking two screwdrivers in it, and left it that way for two years.)

So I called. They "forgot" and apologized and asked me to forgive them.

And set up another appointment for today.

And didn't show up. AGAIN.

I called our landlady; she called them, they said they are moving (my guess is that they knew this when they made this appointment two weeks ago, but made the rendez-vous anyway) and they will phone me within the hour.

It's been an hour. No ringie-dingie.

ARGH!

I think maybe a phone tantrum is necessary.

_________________________________________________

2 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, November 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beleive me Ronica, plumbers, carpenters, electricians, the whole lot is just like that in Norway too. Maybe it's an european issue...

Alf

And btw, HI!!
And welcome to Europe!

 
At 8:29 AM, November 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what drives me crazy here is when you call gas guy, airconditioner guy, cable guy or phone guy for repairs, they say ok, we'll be there on thursday between 9am - 5pm. AHHHH. Hello? I work, I can't sit around all day waiting for you. Frustrating!
SVM in T.O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home