Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Rug

Spent my last day "off" (this whole year is kind of off, but I digress...) getting my hair cut (and no, I didn't dye it brown--I was wearing white, in a white bathroom, I am pale as a fish, the flash went off and the bathroom light was fluorescent, thank you very much), delivering the rent to the Marais area, and taking 2 trains, a bus, another train, and another bus to IKEA. Got lots of stuff, which irritated people on the trains coming back, but Dr. B met me between the 2 trains home to help me carry it, so it was OK. Took care of a lot of the little junk we needed but didn't have room for last time. Also some Xmas decorations--our first Christmas away from home will be in Paris, so I wanted some Scandinavian stuff to make it feel like home. (I am actually missing the thump and squeak of the lefse rolling pin about now...)

And on the way out, I had to check, just to see.

The clearance area.

And yes, SCORE!

A rug.

Perfect size (for the room and for carrying it back), good color (beige is beige), and soft (100% wool.) Sort of a funky, 70's style shaggy thing.

AND perfect price. 29,50 €.


Lucy was so excited, she brought her dinner out to eat on the new rug.

(Really, she did. A big mouthful of kibble on the rug--we followed with her bowl to save her some trips from the kitchen.)

She is in Dog Heaven.

_________________________________________________

2 Comments:

At 5:01 AM, November 03, 2005, Blogger Andie said...

Next time you want to go to IKEA, let me know- I'll take you by car! It's only a 15 min. drive when the traffic is good.

 
At 5:44 PM, November 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scary to see all the rioting in the streets of Paris for the last 7 or 8 days. Hope it is not nearby. As for hairdresser....found in all the moving we have done in the last 13 yrs. the hardest things to find are a good Dr, good dentist and good hairdresser! Lucked out here, after quite a few trials, and found a great guy....Yeeaaaa! take care of yourself....Auntie B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home