Thursday, November 24, 2005

Stupid Murphy.

Stupid law.

Today's Agenda: go to Montparnasse to shop for a knit hat, wallet, and an extra pair of black gloves for my other jacket, so I wouldn't forget them like I did yesterday. There is an H&M at Montparnasse, and an Etam that specializes in accessories, plus a Mango, and it's all close to line 6 on the Metro, which I can catch a block from home. Sounds simple, right?

OK, so I get to Montparnasse and what happens?

I lose one of the nice leather gloves I have in my pocket.

The second time this has happened--these Isotoners were purchased to replace the ones of which I lost 1/2 the pair back in Wisconsin. I walked up and down the route I took a few times, and went in every store I had been in to ask, and searched the floors frantically.

No dice.

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

That's IT!

No more nice gloves for me. From now on, only cheap will do because I am just going to lose them anyway. Although, I never seem to lose the cheap ones, just the expensive ones.

Maybe I should make a part of my Adult Garanimals line a group of those little glove-to-coat clippies like I had when I was 5 for people like me. I just have to figure out how to make them not atrociously ugly.

But then, when I am a billionaire due to the amazing success of my Garanimals/Clippies lines, I can buy truckloads of gloves and feel free to lose as many as I want.

Even the nice leather ones.

Sigh.

I really loved those gloves.


***Update: I bought a pair of inexpensive black wool gloves to tide me over.

Last pair of black--I grabbed them, paid and left.

And wouldn't you know.

They have a hole in them.

DAGNABIT!

Tried to get to the other H&M at Forum Les Halles before Knots, and missed the closing by 10 minutes.

So now I have to go out again tomorrow to exchange the holey gloves at another store.

Ratsafratsadoggonedarntootin@#$%^%$@#%$$#!!!!

_________________________________________________

5 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, November 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for you I really do. I still grieve for an exquisite pair of black leather gloves I lost about 8years ago.I left one on the top of a taxi! And just this evening I was coming home in the rain and noticed I only had one of my gloves, luckily it was not far behind me. But sadly red leather doesn't respond well to Rain! Someone told me in France its common practise if an item is found on the street to be placed at eye level. My hubby found his lost glove searching this way, some kind person put it on a window ledge.

 
At 4:05 PM, November 24, 2005, Blogger J Dougherty said...

Murphy's law has been ammended to read: "If something can go wrong...everything will."

Just wondered if you had that updated bill. It has been placed into immediate effect. Glove situations are grandfathered in.

Sorry.

Joe Dougherty
Los Angeles, California

Cruel and Wonderful World

 
At 2:09 AM, November 25, 2005, Blogger L'Amerloque said...

Hi !

/*/I walked up and down the route I took a few times, and went in every store I had been in to ask, and searched the floors frantically./*/

The French frequently will put the glove on the nearest shop windowsill, near to or on top of the closest trash recipient, or simply hang it on a lightpost at chest level if there is a some kind of metal dohickey that they can hang it from. On the cement wall supporting one of those iron grill fences is a good place to look, too.

Best,
L'Amerloque

 
At 2:22 AM, November 25, 2005, Blogger leon's life said...

I too am a glove loser and the same goes for umbrellas ! Only cheap ones for me...

What you need to the same as I do for my 7 years old so that he doesn't lose his gloves.

That is to sew them together with a long piece of elastic that you thread through the arms of you coat.

It is not vey 'chic' though !

 
At 8:59 AM, November 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom had done the string trick for me also...sewing the gloves on a string and putting through coat. And this was when I was like 20!
:) I go to Penney's end of season and buy about $20 worth of gloves, hats, scarves...this ends up being a lot..and it's worth it..I lose them all the time also! I also lose sun glasses like the sun is going out of style.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home