Monday, January 30, 2006

Indian Food

I'm no expert.

To tell you the truth, it's not my favorite "ethnic" food--I'd run across the street for good Thai, but Indian tends to be a bit, well, spice-laden for my Norwegian blood. Though, I'm considered a wild one because I like things that are "spicy". (My Dad can't even handle green peppers. No lie. They make him sick--they're sooooo HOT.)

And thus, I maintain that I have absolutely no right to judge.

But this soup was pretty good. It's called "Knorr Soupe à l'Indienne". The french pronounce the K. Yes. "Ka-nore."

Dr. B bought it. He liked it, too. We added a dollop of crème fraîche.

Huh.

Whaddya know?


******Update: Green peppers aren't too hot for my dad. They upset his stomach.

However, the black pepper from a shaker (not fresh ground--likely Durkee's pre-ground that had been around for 2 years) that I added to some green beans one time, that is too hot. I remember. He couldn't eat the dumb canned green beans because I pre-sprinkled.

Sigh.

_________________________________________________

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Katia said...

I find Indian food totally bland here - but it has just been adjusted to cater to the innocent little taste buds of the french palate. But I think it's also a way of making it more accessible to more people, so that's good too :)
It's funny that you can eat Thai, though - the real deal can be truly fiery!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home