Saturday, January 21, 2006

My New Do

Most of Saturday was spent fiddling around with my template. I've been working on it for quite a while, and getting nowhere fast. Dr. B took some a lot of time with me and we've finally got something we like.

In a way, our floundering in HTML and CSS reminded me of our first few weeks here in France.

We didn't know the language, though we had the basics.
Sometimes we ended up with "Franken-code" (a lot like our "Franken-phrases" in French.)
Patience was in short supply, though we had lots of the other, more fiery emotions.
Large amounts of chocolate were consumed.

But eventually, we got a little more comfortable, and things started making sense. And before we knew it, we had something we didn't exactly plan, but enjoy very much.

We hope you like it, too.

(PS: to those who read through Bloglines or another RSS feed, come on back to the main page and check it out!)

_________________________________________________

4 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, January 21, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG!!!

I LOVE the new look of your site. Way to go braving the html code stuff.

 
At 8:17 PM, January 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice!! Looks like your hard work paid off. Yay! We got our first significant snow of 2006 today. Williston received about 3 inches. Although I hate snow, it looks pretty outside now. And still we haven't gone below zero in January. I know we will pay for this in the long run though. Your Cuz in ND

 
At 3:27 AM, January 22, 2006, Blogger Vivi said...

YAY!!! I love it! Did you do the graphic of the girl in the tower? It's really adorable! Congrats on your mad skillz! :)

 
At 4:04 AM, January 22, 2006, Blogger Sarita said...

looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home