Saturday, January 28, 2006

Seen on the Metro

This reminded me of a recently seen oddity on the Metro.

Now, I am not normally one to post on the weirdos I see. Everyone has their own style, life's short so have fun with fashion, as long as they're warm and covered, who am I to judge, blah blah blah.

But this guy was incredible. It's been weeks, and it's still fresh in my mind. If he hadn't literally been sitting knee-to-knee with my friend Sarah, I would have sereptitiously snapped his photo. But alas, it really would have been rude, so I didn't.

I really thought he might have been fashion designer John Galliano's long lost twin, though.

Note, the following is head-to-toe:

*Plaid wool newsboy cap with "Ireland" embroidery on the front. Included a shamrock.
*bleached platinum, shoulder-length hair
*plucked eyebrows
*highlighted black and platinum blonde goatee
*Cameo earrings (pink with a woman's silouette)
*Pink and purple silk striped scarf
*Cameo brooch (matched the earrings)
*Beige blouse (I'd call it a shirt, but it was a blouse, OK? A blouse.)
*Tucked in camel-colored fine guage sweater
*White, Red and Black patchwork Leather bolero-style coat (barely reached the waist of his pants)
*Fingerless black driving gloves
*Carved ivory ring
*Tan many-pleated dress pants
*Metal-tipped western-style belt (like the kind you used to get "for free" with jeans in the late 80's)
*Full-size umbrella with pointy tip and fancy handle
*3-colored-leather embroidered cowboy boots, with heel

I maintain that this was a man. Well, at least the male of the species.

Now if that wouldn't get you beat up in the US, I don't know what would.

***Update: after some careful consideration, I think this is proof that wizards exist, and this was one trying to look like a Muggle as he made his way to St. Mungo's.

_________________________________________________

3 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, January 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like another day in "Uptown"....little community in Mpls...B

 
At 7:19 PM, January 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto!!!

 
At 5:42 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Kat said...

I've seen that guy! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home