Saturday, January 28, 2006

Seen on the Metro

This reminded me of a recently seen oddity on the Metro.

Now, I am not normally one to post on the weirdos I see. Everyone has their own style, life's short so have fun with fashion, as long as they're warm and covered, who am I to judge, blah blah blah.

But this guy was incredible. It's been weeks, and it's still fresh in my mind. If he hadn't literally been sitting knee-to-knee with my friend Sarah, I would have sereptitiously snapped his photo. But alas, it really would have been rude, so I didn't.

I really thought he might have been fashion designer John Galliano's long lost twin, though.

Note, the following is head-to-toe:

*Plaid wool newsboy cap with "Ireland" embroidery on the front. Included a shamrock.
*bleached platinum, shoulder-length hair
*plucked eyebrows
*highlighted black and platinum blonde goatee
*Cameo earrings (pink with a woman's silouette)
*Pink and purple silk striped scarf
*Cameo brooch (matched the earrings)
*Beige blouse (I'd call it a shirt, but it was a blouse, OK? A blouse.)
*Tucked in camel-colored fine guage sweater
*White, Red and Black patchwork Leather bolero-style coat (barely reached the waist of his pants)
*Fingerless black driving gloves
*Carved ivory ring
*Tan many-pleated dress pants
*Metal-tipped western-style belt (like the kind you used to get "for free" with jeans in the late 80's)
*Full-size umbrella with pointy tip and fancy handle
*3-colored-leather embroidered cowboy boots, with heel

I maintain that this was a man. Well, at least the male of the species.

Now if that wouldn't get you beat up in the US, I don't know what would.

***Update: after some careful consideration, I think this is proof that wizards exist, and this was one trying to look like a Muggle as he made his way to St. Mungo's.

_________________________________________________

4 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, January 30, 2006, Blogger MagE said...

Mrs. B...
did that guy notice that you were staring at him and cataloguing everything he wore? Or was he used to it by then? YOu noticed the ring? and remembered long enough until you could write it down?
you take people watching to a whole different level! ;P

 
At 7:04 PM, January 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like another day in "Uptown"....little community in Mpls...B

 
At 7:19 PM, January 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto!!!

 
At 5:42 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Kat said...

I've seen that guy! :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home