Monday, February 13, 2006

Four is the Loveliest Number

That Kat is getting really into these memes. She keeps tagging me! I gotta get her started reading some other blogs so she can tag some others, too. Kat--look at my sidebar! There are a bunch of links. Go wild!

But, nonetheless, I have been expecting this one, as it is currently making the rounds of the blogosphere. So, here you go.

Four jobs you have had in your life: (I won't do most recent--I'll do most interesting/diverse. Most recent is just lots of Band Director positions.)

"On Drive Through" at McDonald's (this was considered very good as I was moved there within a few weeks of starting. Only the fast and smart get put on drive through, and usually only after working there a long time. I lasted 3 whole months at Mickey D's. I will say it is a very hard job--at least if you had managers like we did who would force you to clean toilets if you stopped moving for a millisecond--so be nice to McWorkers! And I only eat there when forced--I am not a fan, and this was way before Supersize Me came out. However, I will admit that the pants are very flattering to the heinie.

French Tutor at the University of North Dakota

Woodwind Coach for the Wisconsin Youth Symphony Orchestras (WYSO)

Band Director for Overture Band Programs (which I helped found) at St. Maria Goretti Catholic Parish School and St. Francis Xavier Catholic School (in and around Madison WI) Hi Kids! (waves frantically)

I have also taught music at these schools: Hillsboro Elementary and High School, Grand Forks Century, East Grand Forks Central Middle School, Riverside, Valley and Southpoint Elementary Schools, High Point Christian, St. Peter's, St. Michael's. These do not count the multitude of schools I taught at while substitute teaching or during my student teaching experiences. I could go on for weeks.

Four movies you would watch over and over:
Le Divorce
Gone With the Wind (I've also read the book 5 times. It's long!)
Any of the Harry Potter movies (but especially #3. I wish I could turn into a dog sometimes!)
Pride and Prejudice (the A&E version that's really long with Colin Firth. I love Colin Firth.)

Four places you have lived:
West St. Paul, Minnesota
Fargo, North Dakota (and no, I don't talk like they do in the movie)
Madison, Wisconsin
Paris, France

Four TV shows you love to watch: I'll do American ones, because I hardly ever watch TV here.
Monk (season 1 especially)
Sex and the City
CSI (I prefer the original, but will watch all three. However, I think Horatio is really, really irritating. Love Callie Duquesne.)
What Not to Wear

Four places you have been on vacation:
New Orleans, Louisiana (4 times)
Saarbrücken/Essen/Kaiserslautern/Dusseldorf/Köln, Germany
Madrid/Segovia, Spain
Laguna Beach, California (we were only there a day. I didn't like LA, but this little town was just charming and beautiful.)

Four websites I visit daily: there are a lot more than four, but I'll keep it brief.

The Superficial (for celebrity gossip in a mean and nasty way)
The BBC World Service (for news en englais)
Le Monde (pour les nouvelles in french)
Manolo's Shoe Blog (because though I don't have the moneys, I also loves the shoes!)

Four of my favorite foods:
Pickles (the cucumber version, dill or cornichons. I enjoy the 14-day Virginia Chunk, but do not like the Bread and Butter variety. Favorite US Jarred brand are Milwaukee Midget Kosher Dills. The french ones are highly addictive as well. Love also to make my own. The ones my mom made when I was little were the best ever.)
Panang Curry with Chicken and steamed rice from Thai Orchid in Madison
Bananas Foster Häagen Dazs Ice Cream (yeah, baby! Bananas, caramel, rum flavored ribbon, good vanilla--it doesn't get any better than this.)
Crème Brulée (with real vanilla bean, please. And yes, I love to crack the top, just like Amélie.)

Four places I would rather be right now:
Talking with my Mom (if God allowed visits to Heaven with a return trip back to Earth)
Visiting my family
Shopping with an unlimited charge card paid for by someone else who really didn't mind at all
Our own home that was spacious, comfortable, well-equipped and clean while not costing more than we're paying in rent for our teeny Parisian apartment.

Four Bloggers you are tagging
OK, just 'cause it says I have to...

Kylie, Sammy, Flare and AussieLass.

_________________________________________________

3 Comments:

At 4:51 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

Oh goodness! I better do this now or else I'll forget!

 
At 12:57 PM, February 15, 2006, Blogger ~steph~ said...

Sorry, but, we think you guys do sound like the "Fargo-ians/Fargo-ites" in the movie Fargo!!! Well, not as pronounced as the movie, but pretty close!!! :)
Is it a bad thing?

~steph & scott~

 
At 1:38 PM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Ronica said...

Eh, we're not from Trono, ya know.

Go, Leafs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home