Friday, February 10, 2006

Tagged: I Saw You Crying at the Movies...

So Kat tagged me with her very first meme tag. I am so proud!

So the meme is as such: we choose 3-5 movies that always make us cry, post pictures here (preferrably ones that are a little hard to identify, to get you thinking) and link them to a database so you can see what the movies are.

Now, this proved a bit of a delimma for me.

You see, I am officially what is known as a "Bawl Baby."

Yes, I cry at the drop of a hat.

Long Distance Commercial? Pass the tissues, please.

ABC After School Special? Sobbing.

That old Mormon TV commercial with the dog that packs his suitcase because the kids are too busy playing Atari? Every time, man, every time.

I even used to cry every Christmas when they'd play the Folgers commercial--you know the one. Where Pete surprises everyone by coming home and gets there really early and makes coffee and little sister comes down (what was her name?) and he tells her "Ssshhh!" and the wonderful aroma wafts up the staircase and wakes them all up?

Yep, even that one. Every year.

So it was hard, and I have to say I am a little bit embarrassed by the choices, but these are the ones that make me cry. And by cry I mean sob until my ab muscles hurt, I can't breathe for snot interference, and I use all the tissues in the house and have to resort to winding toilet paper around my hand and bringing it out to the DVD player.

Here you go. Read 'em and weep.


















And now to tag. Hmm. Many of my blogger buddies are really super busy with life stuff right now, so I'll tag Flare and Kylie because I think they are only somewhat super busy and also Bohemian Mama because I know she will read this and it just might get her to post more often.

Have fun!

_________________________________________________

4 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, February 11, 2006, Blogger Kat said...

OH MY GOSH. I cry at that Folgers commercial EVERY time it's on. I truly thought I was the ONLY one. My husband thinks it's funny when I cry at that commercial, particularly because it's so old. I feel validated. Thanks, Mrs. B!

 
At 1:13 PM, February 11, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

We just saw the Folgers commercial again this xmas. They must have decided to run it again. My kids didn't get it...

 
At 3:32 PM, February 11, 2006, Blogger KathyMac said...

YIKES! what?! tagged!?!?! i'm IT? eeek!

 
At 3:41 AM, February 12, 2006, Blogger Tracy said...

Mrs. B I am such a great fan of your blog. Yours is the coolest blog i have come across. sometimes i take suggestions from your blog like about the word cloud. Hope that's ok with you. you are most welcome to view my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home