Wednesday, February 22, 2006

What's for Dinner?

Today was my "long day" with the girls--Wednesdays they don't have school, so they take pottery classes in the center of Paris. They do make up for it though, as school lasts from 8:30 until 4:30 every other day, and they attend every other Saturday morning until noon as well. However, after we eat lunch with their music teacher, and they have their music lessons, we have many hours together, from the time I pick them up at noon until their parents arrive, between 7 and 8 PM.

Thanks to the new birthday gift of a Gameboy Advance, I had lots of time to knit, read, write letters and listen to music today. What I didn't have was time to plan was dinner for tonight. Thankfully, Dr. B is pretty easy when it comes to stuff like that, so I stopped at the local boulangerie on my way to catch the bus, grabbed two baguettes aux céréales (thankfully they had some left) and headed home. Dr. B had taken care of Lucy's daily walk #2 (of 3), and was hungry and ready to eat.

Again, I thank my lucky stars, because one of his favorite meals is the easiest thing in the world.

Soup and sandwiches.

Or, the Parisian version...

Soup, bread, all the cheeses in the fridge and maybe some sliced deli ham, if there is any. Pickles if we want to get crazy.

Am I lucky, or what?

So now I am off to join him for daily walk #3, voluntarily and happily.

Life's good.

_________________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home