Friday, March 03, 2006

Je suis encore malade

My sickness has come back. The same thing, exactly, so I think the antibiotics the doc gave me just weren't strong enough.

Yesterday, I slept in, but then felt the uncontrollable urge to clean. I know I should have waited, but I just couldn't. Maybe that's my Grandma B's influence--sometimes I just reach the breaking point, and absolutely nothing can stop me from cleaning. This especially happens when I am stressed out--even Dr. B runs the vacuum, while I clean the bathroom. It took a few years of marriage, but now he knows better than to argue. Just clean. I will not stop stressing about it until it's done, and I can feel OK to rest.

After all of that work, I was tired again, and when I picked up P at school, I tried to explain why I was tired and why my voice sounded so funny.

She turned to me, tilted her head, and said,

    It's not fair. When kids are sick, they stay in bed and sleep. But when adults are sick, they still have to clean the house.


Kids can be so wise. I should have listened to her.

_________________________________________________

3 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, March 03, 2006, Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

yes, Kids can be very wise.

I hope you feel better. Stay warm. Soup and lots of water. if you need me to run you some emergency pavées let me know, I'll be there!

 
At 3:18 PM, March 03, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you feel better soon!

I know what you mean about the cleaning thing. I do that too! Stress cleaning...

 
At 3:41 AM, March 04, 2006, Blogger L'Amerloque said...

Hi Mrs B !

Take care of yourself. Drink lots of soup and stay in bed. It's that time of the year, in Paris, when sniffles and colds just seem to hang on, and on, and on ...

Best,
L'Amerloque

 

Post a Comment

<< Home