Thursday, April 27, 2006

Dr. B's Mysterious Magical Migraine-Curing French Toast


I've been suffering again. Another whopper, and the pills I took and the yoga I did hadn't helped, they only dented the pain. So last night, I was pretty miserable. I finally fell asleep about 1 AM, when Dr. B came to bed (tearing him away from work is not easy, especially when he has a laptop and can bring it home with him.) Unfortunately, when I woke up today, it was still there. Every time I moved my head, it throbbed.

I guess Dr. B felt a little guilty keeping me up last night, so this morning he made me breakfast.

And such a breakfast!!!

Homemade french toast with the good butter from the market and mirabelle plum jam, fresh strawberries, ham and coffee. Mmmm!

And miracle of miracles, my migraine disappeared by 11 AM!

(That also could have been the 2 Vicodin I washed down with the coffee, but I prefer to think it was my hubby's delicious cooking that did the trick.)

    Dr. B's Miracle French Toast

    4 pieces of leftover brioche (yes, in France we have leftover brioche!)
    4 eggs, beaten
    2 tablespoons plain yogurt
    1 packet vanilla sugar (7.5 grams)

    Blend eggs, yogurt and vanilla sugar until well-mixed and evenly yellow. Dip brioche in it, then set aside and let it soak in a bit. Cook in a hot non-stick pan until browned. Serve with butter, jam and coffee.

_________________________________________________

3 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, April 27, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

YUM!
I wish I could FIND brioche around here...

 
At 7:15 PM, April 27, 2006, Blogger Mr. Cherry said...

Love your header, what did you use to design it? You know, there is a code you can add to your template to get rid of the nav bar. If your intersested let me know.

Also Im quite jealous of your life. My wife and I are in MN right now, and we want to be traveling or living elsewhere. Cheers!

 
At 3:55 AM, April 28, 2006, Blogger Ronica said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home