Monday, April 24, 2006

Question: from an Engineer/Businessman to the Wife of an Academic

Dad: Wow, I really like those scooters. Those are purty cool! Ya know, if I lived here, I would get me one of them scooters. Like that one, with the little roof, in case it rains. That would be great. You could really zip around Paris in one of those.

Me: Mmm-hmm. Yep. They're pretty neat.

Dad: So, why didn't you get one of those when you first moved here?

Me: Um... well, I kind of liked eating. Every day. You know?

Dad: Oh. Hmm. Guess I didn't think about that.

_________________________________________________

1 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, April 25, 2006, Blogger Kat said...

That reminds me of when my brother (who is now 38) was 24 and had just proposed to his now ex-wife. They wanted to buy a house, and my dad (well-established in his career) said, "Well, then, go buy one." And my brother cooly replied to my dad, "Ok, Dad, I'll just go pick a few hundred thousand dollar bills off the thousand dollar tree in the backyard." My dad looked at him and said, "Ok, Point taken." Too cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home