Saturday, May 20, 2006

Play Different Region DVD's on your Mac (even if you didn't crack it before using it)

We are Mackers. We both have Macintosh laptops, and love them. We both know PC's very well, but the Macs just fit our lifestyle. No matter what our future-brother-in-law says about it (he used to work for Microsoft), we are loyal to the Apple.

One thing we don't like, however, is the Mac thing that only allows you to change your region code on your DVD player 5 times before it locks in place. Here in France, as expats (and especially with Region 4 friends who are willing to share their collections,) we have to be very judicious with which DVD's we allow to touch our precious computers.

But no more! Thanks to this lovely lady, we found this site, which led us to here, and now we can watch any movies we want. It totally works, too, and is really easy to use.

Yay! Now I can buy DVD's at the used stores in the Latin Quarter! Bring on the Family Guy, Little Britain, Desperate Housewives, Black Adder, and more! We're free! Free I say! Woo hoooo!!!

_________________________________________________

2 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, May 21, 2006, Blogger Sarita said...

And it worked? Because I have VLC and I haven't gotten it to play Zone 1 DVDs. Maybe I need a new version but let me know if it actually works for you!

 
At 4:31 AM, May 21, 2006, Blogger Sarita said...

umm duh! I just read your other link that explains how to use it...I will try it out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home