Monday, June 19, 2006

Fête de la Musique: Planning Stages

June 21st, the Summer Solstice, is the day the French celebrate Fête de la Musique, or Celebration of Music. All over France, free concerts take place ranging from Garage Rock to Classical, World, Jazz and just about everything in between.

If you're here in Paris on this lovely day, scan the schedule, to plan your own celebration.

For me, it's rather like being at a smorgasbord of all of my favorite foods: I don't know where to start!

_________________________________________________

3 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Ying said...

Hi! I came across your blog by accident. It's a nice blog and it reminded me of my student days in Paris. I'm a classical pianist from Singapore, and I spent 4 years in Paris to further my musical studies. So you play the clarinet? I saw your email addresse so I guess you must be a clarinetist. Anyway, enjoy your stay in Paris. It's a great city! :)

 
At 6:00 PM, June 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the strike is on the 21st too, no?

 
At 3:07 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger L. D. said...

My boyfriend in Nully is really excited about this event tomorrow. I hope you take a lot of pictures. I hope to get to enjoy it this time NEXT year :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home