Saturday, July 01, 2006

Allez Les Vieux!


France just beat Brazil!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Exciting game, though a part of me is glad I'm not in Paris tonight (I like sleeping.)

France played very well, with a tight defense and amazing stamina. Ronaldinho (the young Brazilian star) wasn't allowed to do anything except look goofy, and flash his signature smile.

Thierry Henry of France scored the only goal, aided by Zenadine Zidane. Shouts of "Zizou!" went up all over, um, my friend's apartment in Germany (though I assume this was being shouted throughout France, too) as Zidane shone in one of his last games of his career. He is retiring from playing for Real Madrid.

Though Brazil was the favorite, with younger and "better" players, France's strategy, strength, teamwork and experience paid off well, and shouts of "Allez les Bleus!"* and "Allez les Vieux!"** sounded throughout the stadium, and rang off the walls of the Saarbrücken home of my good friend B.

Once again, thank goodness I'm in Germany. We're getting up early tomorrow to head into Switzerland. Chocolate, here I come!!!

*Go Blues! (France)
**Go Old Dudes! (old men) in French, these rhyme.

_________________________________________________

3 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, July 01, 2006, Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

Eat some chocolate for me! This old lady is going to bed while her husband is out on the Champs parting with his brothers!

 
At 1:07 PM, July 03, 2006, Blogger bani said...

He does look Goofy, doesn't he? I'm ashamed at my own shallowness. *blush*

 
At 5:20 AM, July 04, 2006, Blogger Karly and Nick said...

I love the world cup fever! Although us aussies are kind of over it a little now we're out, I'm still getting up at 4:30am to watch the semi tonight. So excited. So jealous you're in switzerland! Have fun!
P.S I love your blog, I put a link on mine to yours (mainly so I can get here quick :) Your little jaunt through Europe is making Australia feel very far away from anything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home