Monday, September 25, 2006

Coming Soon...

A new blog/blog title/name/whateveryacallit. And a new design. Promise. In the works. Be patient!

An end to this 6-day (and counting) migraine. I hope. I'm running out of medecine, and our new insurance doesn't kick in until the 1st of October, so I'm hoping for an end to this, soon. If it's still going by then, I'm going to need morphine. Oy.

Payday. Puh-leeeeeeeeze!!! Amazing, how expensive moving is, even when it's "paid for". Yeah, whatever.

A new knitting project. I just got some yarn, and had my first American Yarn Store experience. It was mind-blowing!!! No french yarn, but yarn from everywhere else on this planet, including Manos del Uraguy, every kind of Alpaca, and many yarns only sold from cones--that they spin themselves! Made the Bon Marché look like the Mauvais Marché. I made a simple, economical choice, and now have 4 skeins of Cascade 220 in a lovely shade of smoky blue (the color that looks best on me of all colors in the spectrum) that will become some sort of shawly/stoley/warm wrappy thing. And I'll sit in the new garage-sale oak rocker that is sitting proudly in our new living room. I can't wait to get started!

Positive vibes going out to Kyliemac for her spider-munch saga, and to my cousin Amanda and her husband Chad, who are in the military in Iraq. Please keep them in your thoughts, and thank you.

_________________________________________________

4 Comments:

At 3:02 AM, September 26, 2006, Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

La Reveuse? :) Can't wait to see your new blog home!

 
At 10:04 PM, September 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, if you're desperate over the weekend I've got some Maxalt I'm never going to use because I switched to Imitrex. I'll meet you and do the drop...I'm a westsider but I'd do it for you. ;) Comment here if you need it.

 
At 11:48 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger Ronica said...

Thanks so much for offerring, but it finally passed--thank God for creating Yoga. That's what finally broke its back.

I'll be heading in to the doc very soon--need something new. Will ask about that one. Imitrex was given to me once as a shot and did nothing but make me feel like my head had been inflated with 40 lbs. of helium and about 17 garter snakes. No help, unfortunately. Was kind of trippy, actually.

Now, I am living on DayQuil and Theraflu. (I missed those so much in France, and I am so glad to have them again!) Got my first Beginning Band Cold of the season (inevitable for us Band directors.) But luckily I have no school on Friday so I can sleep in. Yay!

 
At 1:06 PM, September 29, 2006, Blogger rondi adamson said...

Glad your headache passed. Someone else mentioned Maxalt -- I have found it to be the sacred miracle drug of the Gods. Nothing else has ever worked for me, including Imitrex. But Maxalt does. Worth looking into if you get migraines regularly (as I do).
It costs a bloody fortune ($25 per pill in Canada), but it's worth every damn penny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home