Sunday, September 17, 2006

Jealous? Angry? Shocked?


Gas price: $2.53/gallon (WI has $.52 tax/gallon)
Number of gallons needed to fill tank: approximately 12.
Cost of gas: about 31 bucks.

Number of miles driven on that tank (mixture of city and highway):

525.5


WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I love my Honda Civic Hybrid.

(PS: I went solo on the stick after 3 lessons. So far, no accidents, no engines left behind me, and only a few honks. I figured, if I can survive a year in Paris speaking Parisian french, I can learn how to drive a stick shift. It no longer scares me, much anyway. I actually think it's kind of fun.)


Photo from edmunds.com. Ours is a darker gray, but I couldn't find a photo of that color.

_________________________________________________

6 Comments:

At 4:07 AM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Vivi said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you for learning stick!! You're going to get to where you don't want to drive anything else; that's what happened to me. :D

You are missed immensely here; your ears must be bright red from all the burning!

 
At 10:18 AM, September 18, 2006, Blogger buzzgirl said...

Good for you! I love driving a stick...automatics actually frustrate me (control issues?!) Besides, if you're in an automatic, that ain't driving - it's steering! :)

 
At 11:24 AM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

That is so awesome!!! Congratulations!

Are you a car namer?

 
At 4:05 PM, September 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's pretty sweet. My proudest gas mileage moment with my Saturn is that I can make it halfway to Chicago from Minneapolis before I need to fill the tank. And if you and Mr. B only have one car, how awesome that you managed to make it a hybrid! Here's hoping they keep rolling more of them off the assembly line.

 
At 6:04 AM, September 19, 2006, Blogger Doc said...

Oh, you forgot to add PROUD in your title. Proud for learning to drive a stick--real driving, proud for thumbing your nose at gas dependency, proud for teaching my monkey the hand jive--completely unrelated I know, but he still does it (or something resembling it) ALL. THE. TIME.

 
At 9:53 AM, September 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe Becky or I never taught you...

Congrats - I'm just catching up on a month's worth of your blogs! Glad to have you back, now we have to visit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home