Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Dog Crack

We had no idea, when purchasing a bag of natural, organic-type cheesy poofs, what we were doing. They were good, though, and when I made out my online order for Capitol Center Foods, I added a bag of baked Cheetos.

I am to blame.

Dr. B and I happily munched as we watched BBC's Robin Hood, and unbeknownst to me, I created an addict.

Lucy was looking at us, with that "I'd really not mind at all if you'd let me have some of that" look she's so good at, combined with the "but no worries, I know it's not for me--no pressure or anything" head tuck which makes her so very endearing. I tossed her a cheeto.

CRUNCH! CRUNCH! Slurp! Slurp!

She had a slightly crazed look in her eye.

"No more!" I said, pulling the bag closer to me. "Now go lie down." She obliged, but kept an eye on that bag from her bed under the window, her ears perking up with every crinkle. About an hour later, she was ordered to leave the room when she let fly one of her trademark Green Cloud© farts. Seriously. These things are so potent, they could melt the contact lenses right to your eyeballs.

The next afternoon, while watching some mindless movie, I ate a few more cheetos. I must have brushed my fingers off on the blanket I had on my lap. Lucy came over to see me, and licked my fingers to get the cheez dust off them.

Then, she started to lose it.

She licked my fingers. She licked my hand. She licked the blanket. And licked it. And kept licking it. Until it was soaking wet.

"Go!" I yelled. "Get away! No more cheetos for you!"

The other night, I was upstairs, bed bound with a bum shoulder and knee. I heard her running around, crazily, from room to room, barking and letting out little yips (which she never does--she is a very quiet dog.)

"What did you do to her?" I yelled down, expecting that Dr. B would just say the usual--that she had to poop and he was going to take her for a walk.

"Nothing," he answered. "She just ate her food! All of it! She just gulped it down. Well, I did put two cheetos in her bowl..."

Enabler.





*Photo from Wikipedia.

_________________________________________________

7 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, October 25, 2006, Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

Ok, I know that face! That's Lucy trying to pull the Jedi mind trick on you for treats. It's hard to resist but you must or else! She would do that for baguette, I guess she's moved on to more interesting things. :)

Baked cheetos, must try these went I go home.

 
At 12:38 PM, October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmm Cheetoooossss!!!

 
At 1:31 PM, October 26, 2006, Blogger Boo said...

Cheetos are the only food my Yorkie begs for. I buy the baked Cheetos and always share with her.

 
At 2:16 PM, October 26, 2006, Blogger Ronica said...

What's your secret for avoiding the Green Clouds? ;)

 
At 3:31 PM, October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All dogs love cheese don't they.....gotta lov'em

 
At 6:54 AM, November 01, 2006, Blogger Miss Kim said...

That's too funny!

 
At 7:18 PM, November 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen the movie "Over the Hedge"? The animals first exposure to human food is the cheese powder from a Dorito-type snack and they go nuts, forever after hooked on junk. Our older cat loves any kind of chip as long as its greasy and salty. Our younger cat won't eat anything at all except stuff she catches and dry cat food. Aren't animals funny?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home