Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Big Day

So it's finally here.

Surgery.

Tomorrow at 7:30 9:30 AM CDT, I go under Dr. Lemon's knife.

Please keep good thoughts going skyward, and I promise that soon after I will break my silence and tell you what's really been going on.

For now, I am busy being a control freak responsible teacher and attempting to plan for everything my substitute (for the substitute) could need. The doc suggested taking a week off, so we are erring on the side of caution and I'm out until Monday the 11th of December. Scary, since there are concerts coming on the 14th and 18th, but what happens, happens.

After all, it is middle school band concerts--not a NATO summit or something.

It's all about perspective, right?


***Update: All went well, though the recovery is NOT FUN. More later. Thanks for the notes!

_________________________________________________

5 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, November 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your surgery (and recovery) goes well! Gat lots of rest while you can - I taught middle school in the past and (as I'm sure you know) it takes lots of energy to keep up with those kids!
Also, BTW, I've read your blog on and off for a year or so (?) and yesterday I made your salad dressing again and it is so good! Merci!

 
At 5:21 PM, November 29, 2006, Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

I'll be thinking about you! I know you've been waiting for this for a long time and everything is going to be fine! I'll look for you on Skype next week! ((hugs))

 
At 1:44 AM, November 30, 2006, Blogger Vivi said...

Pookie Love Muffin!! I'm sending you big fat warm positive vibes your way - I hope they get there in time! Try not to stress about work and other things too much; just relax and recover! Love ya!

 
At 3:03 AM, November 30, 2006, Blogger L'Amerloque said...

Hi Mrs. B. !

Sending a constant stream of good thoughts your way.

Best,
L'Amerloque

 
At 11:35 AM, December 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thinking of you...
hope everything went well.
keep us posted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home