Monday, November 13, 2006

Surgery

Finally!!!

A light at the end of the tunnel.

November 30th is the day. The doc said I really don't have any choice.

Fine with me. I just want this over. People seem shocked that I'm happy about having surgery, but they don't have to live with one leg. It's been one month as of today.

On the bright side, my shoulder is healing and not nearly as painful, though it is quite weak. I can't lift my laptop with my left hand, and I have a boatload of exercises I have to do twice a day. Oh well, not like I have much else to do while sitting here on the couch. Today the PT sub (mine was sick) "massaged" the muscle to loosen it. Yeah, it hurt like heck. I'm still sore, and a bit bruised. She warned me, but it took a lot of deep breaths to get through it. OUCH.

Sigh.

But, something I will be doing is planning my sub plans for the post-surgery time. You know, for the sub for the sub. Just what I want ten days before our concert. Argh!!! But, hopefully I will be healed enough to stumble down the isle at MagE and GLove's wedding on New Year's Eve. Luckily, the dress is long enough to cover anything, and I'm madly searching for silver flats on Zappo's. Let me know if you've got any leads.

_________________________________________________

2 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, November 14, 2006, Blogger Doc said...

Every time I've had a knee redone I have felt 2000% better--and if you do all your exercises beforehand like a good girl, your recovery time will really be minimal. Good to know you're on the mend!

 
At 5:03 PM, November 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think when you are so uncomfortable and tired of being laid up, surgery sounds welcome. You will feel much better when it is all done I'm sure. I injured my knee slightly when we lived in Bismarck....a orthopod friend referred me to rehab and boy those exercises they gave me really helped.....hang in there! Bobbie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home